With the second wave of COVID-19 ravaging India, Isha is increasing its interventions countrywide. In coordination with local government bodies and other NGOs, we are planning to provide critical support in Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi, in addition to our continued COVID action in Coimbatore and adjoining rural areas, which began in April last year.
With the upsurge in COVID-19 cases, hospitals are unable to cope with the demand for medical intervention. Our efforts will be to support patients and medical staff in government hospitals, and frontline workers. Support our efforts..
How We Do It
Supporting the Hardest-Hit Groups
During this second wave, the virus is severely impacting available healthcare services. Patients are finding it hard to get hospital beds and oxygen, while healthcare and frontline workers are struggling to cope with the increased pressure. To ease the strain, Isha Outreach is offering support to these vulnerable groups.
Our interventions include:
● Providing Dignity in Death
A dedicated group of Isha volunteers have stepped up to keep the Kayanta Sthanams fully operational so that the bereaved can bid a final farewell to the departed. Our efforts to provide Dignity in Death will benefit the poor in major cities in Tamil Nadu.
- Cremation services: Expansion of 15 crematoriums run by Isha in Chennai and Coimbatore with additional temporary furnaces as well as increasing the availability of existing furnaces.
- Transportation of the Deceased: 40 mortuary vans to transport the dead from the overflowing mortuaries of Govt. hospitals
- Last rites: Family members will get enough time and assistance to pay their last respects to their loved ones, while adhering to all the safety protocols.
● Free transport for poor patients to hospitals and COVID Care Centers
● Safety kits and nutritious food packs for Govt. hospitals and frontline workers
● Training volunteers in Simha Kriya and other simple immunity-boosting Yogic practices that will reach large numbers of the public, educational institutions, and companies
● Operating COVID Support Lines to provide emotional support and Telemedicine through volunteer doctors
● Providing insurance cover for vulnerable sections like sanitary and frontline workers
● Offering Isha Vidhya Schools to the Tamil Nadu Govt. as COVID Care Centers if the need arises
Support Our Efforts
Our interventions require a wide spectrum of equipment and resources.
Each of the COVID Care Centers will require Rs. 70 lakh to 2 crore depending on the number of beds, as well as ambulances which will cost Rs. 2-3 lakh each.
Our focused interventions in Coimbatore are expected to cost about Rs. 5 crore.
Besides these, other interventions will cost several lakhs each, depending on the length and intensity of the second COVID wave.
India’s need is urgent. You can contribute and make a difference.
▵ 102 stories Isha COVID Action
Join Action For Rural Rejuvenation
A Blog for our Covid updates
Isha Crematoriums offer Dignity in Death for COVID victims
With the pandemic raging in its second wave, states across India are struggling with a heart-rending reality: An acute shortage of space and resources is preventing families from according a dignified farewell to COVID victims and posing a critical challenge for administrations.
Action for Rural-Rejuvenation
Ishana Vihar Post,
Coimbatore – 641114
Auction Support: firstname.lastname@example.org +91 844 844 7707.